What information do we collect about you?
1. We collect information about you when you register with us. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How will we use the information we collect?
2. EGIM may collect and process your personal information for the following purposes:
a. the provision of its services;
b. legal reasons;
c. regulatory reasons; and
d. marketing purposes, if you agree that we may contact you.
3. We also use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website.
4. EGIM adheres to the Data Protection Act (Cap. 440 of the Laws of Malta) and other relevant regulations, legal notices and/or similar instruments in force at the Place of the Contract, taking account of the Data Protection Directive (EC Directive 95/46/EC) and the Electronic Communications Privacy Directive (EC Directive/2002/58/EC as amended by Directive 2009/136/EC).
5. All this is in place in order to assure you that at all times your personal data is:
a. processed in accordance with your rights;
b. processed fairly and lawfully;
c. obtained only for a specific and lawful purpose;
d. adequate, relevant and not excessive to its purpose;
e. accurate and updated;
f. kept in a secure manner;
g. not kept longer than is necessary for its purpose;
h. not transferred to jurisdictions not adhering to the aforementioned Directives; and
i. utilised for marketing purposes based on the opt-in principle.
6. EGIM will disclose any of its Clients’ personal data and any other information and/or records relating to the Client solely in accordance with this Policy, when ordered to do so by any competent authority, or where otherwise required to do so in terms of law.
7. EGIM will keep the Client’s data for a minimum period of two (2) years after the closure of their EGIM registration.
8. Queries regarding data privacy can be sent to [email protected].
Access to your information and correction
9. You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write to us at the following addresses:
Email: [email protected]; or
Address: European Gaming Institute of Malta Limited, Building SCM02-03, SmartCity Malta, SCM1001, Kalkara.
We may impose a small charge for this service.
10. We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
11. We would like to send you information about our services and those of our partners which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date.
12. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your information to our partners. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at [email protected] to unsubscribe.
Cookies, tags and other identifiers (“cookies”)
13. Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
a. to identify your preferred language, so it can be automatically selected when the Client returns to the Website;
b. to ensure that any selections you make on our website are adequately recorded; and
c. for analysis of the Website traffic, so as to allow EGIM to make suitable improvements.